Arjun started preschool at home. Daily lesson plans are as follows:
- Alphabets: we are still doing 1 letter a week. We have reached the letter “V”. We are still working on uppercase letters. He almost knows them all now. Soon, we will start with lowercase letters.
- Numbers: we are working on doing numbers 1 – 16 in different ways.
- Workbooks such as Kumon workbooks for tracing, cutting, mazes. Doodle book, sticker book and so on. We work on 1 page a day from each of the 4-5 workbooks.
- 1 Hands-on Activity such as:
- using 1-hole puncher
- poke holes with tacks on carton
- dropping water with eye-dropper in each hole in a muffin tray
- playing games such as candyland, bingo, memory, cards and so on
- building skill toys such as pegs and legos
- sequencing with links
- logic toys such as Block Buddies
- story boards
- sorting buttons
- 4 Books: Nursery Rhyme book, Animal Book, What do People do All Day – we do these daily. Then we read 1 book everyday for a week and do related activities. We read “Stellaluna” for the first week and it was a huge success.
This first week was great and he is doing so well. Let’s see what happens over time!