We are studying Japan after completing North and South Korea as part of Unit 2 of our academic year. We studied Japanese history and geography.
We listened to following talks of Shri Mataji:
- 1995-0301 Arrival and Talk, Tokyo, Japan
- 1994-0418 Public Program, Tokyo, Japan
We read following books:
- Sadako and The Thousand Paper Cranes by Eleanor Coerr (Listen to Arjun’s summary of Sadako and her paper cranes)
- The Big Wave by Pearl S. Buck (For creative writing section, Arjun added a paragraph to one of the pages in the book. Listen to this page from The Big Wave.)
- The Master Puppeteer by Katherine Paterson (Listen to Arjun’s analysis of a quote from The Master Puppeteer).
- Commodore Perry in the Land of the Shogun by Rhoda Blumberg
- Born in the Year of Courage by Emily Crofford
Arjun created following haiku titled “Global Warming”:
Hurricanes, fires, whirlwinds rage;
Still slaves of money.
We saw following movies:
- Tuna Girl on Netflix
- Tokyo Trial on Netflix (Arjun watched it intermittently but I enjoyed it.)
Arjun did following Japan inspired artwork:
We ate following food that we bought from Kroger:
We made the following Japanese food: