We have moved to Pennsylvania and are temporarily living in a pet-friendly apartment community. Boys are loving it and they have befriended many adult dog-owners. Tara (our dog) has adjusted to apartment living. We are all settled until our house is ready and are excited for this academic year (hopefully last year of homeschool for me!). We completed the homeschool formality for PA. So, we started 6th grade with Shri Saraswati Puja and are determined to have a wonderful time. Our objectives for this academic year are:
- Complete BookShark Curriculum Level G Read-Alouds and Readers
- Update https://childrenbooksreviews.wordpress.com with podcasts based on the books we read.
- Complete BookShark Curriculum Level G Language Arts
- Complete following workbooks: Easy Grammar: Plus; Wordly Wise 3000 Book 7; Daily Grams Grade 7
- Continue weekly classes with Ms. Madeleine Porter via Zoom. They work on editing Language Arts assignments, prompts and poems completed by Arjun.
- Complete Grade 8 list from Natural Speller.
- Complete SaxonMath Homeschool 8/7 with Prealgebra.
- Complete Khan Academy Online Grade 7
- Complete Life of Fred: Decimals and Percents
- Continue weekly classes (finish Pre-Algebra and Algebra 1) with Ms. Emily Zhang via Skype.
History / Geography
- Complete BookShark Curriculum Level G History.
- Complete BookShark Curriculum Level G Science.
- Continue classes at Homeschool Spanish Academy Online. Complete level 2B and start on level 3A.
- We started with Ms. Rachel Flicker. When Rachel left for college, her mother, Ms. Jennie Flicker has been providing piano instructions. After about a week, we will transfer to Ms. Lynda Chryst for piano instructions on a weekly basis.
- Continue learning “bhajans” from Mrs. Archana Mayfield via Skype.
- Participate in Blue Eagles Swim Team. This summer, he swam with Narwhals.
- Complete 2 courses from udemy.com:
- How To Draw Dogs Vol 1 – Pug, Collie, Labrador & Terrier.
- Drawing Nature – Flowers and Rocks Edition