We moved to Tupelo, MS in 2007 and we discovered following places that my son loves visiting:
- Aquarium in Atlanta – My entire family enjoyed the aquarium thoroughly.
- Avent Park in Oxford, MS. The playground is unique and built by community. It has monopoly table to play monopoly with sticks, leaves, acorns and so on. It has tyre swing, wooden piano and much more.
- Ballard Park in Tupelo – It has two playgrounds. My son loves to feed the ducks, ride a bike, go for picnics and sometimes we take books to the park and read.
- Blueberry picking in Pontotoc – Pontotoc Blueberry Ridge, 240 Carter Lane, Pontotoc, MS 38863. Phone: 662-489-8481. Open: Monday to Saturday, from 6:00 am to dark.
- Bluemountain Pumpkin Patch Farm – 2390 Cr 805, Blue Mountain, MS 38610. Phone: 662-685-4328
- Children’s museum in Memphis and Atlanta. We have been to the museums umpteen times and still my son loves it.
- Circle Y Equestrian Center in Corinth. The petting zoo is wonderful and so is the playground.
- Gulf Shores beach It’s a 6-7 hour drive from Tupelo. We camp in the State park once a year. The campground is the best one I have been to so far and the bathrooms are very clean with hot water available all the time. Camping and visiting the Gulf Shores beach is our favorite vacation spot.
- Memphis Zoo
- Mud Island River Park in Memphis – We will wade in the water, go for a boat ride and then have a popsicle. What more can you ask for!
- Pickwick Landing State Park – My son loves the little beaches in this State Park.
- McWane Science Centre in Birmingham
- Trace State Park – We love to go for a picnic in this State Park. It is quiet and not crowded. So, my son can ride his bicycle, run, play with ball. It has a nice playground and picnic area. Above all, it is close to home and so, we can go for a spontaneous picnic.
- Veteran’s Memorial Park Splash Pad in Tupelo.
Also, I have signed up my son for the following classes and he enjoys them a lot.
Go Creative Athletics & Arts – gives him opportunity to run, jump and do everything that might be risky at home.